- All parking is a privilege extended by the show-giving clubs & the Portland Exposition Center. They reserve the right to withdraw this privilege from any person or persons who uses abusive language, argues with parking personnel or attempts to circumvent the rules & regulations. All parking is at your own risk. The show-giving clubs & the EXPO Center assume no responsibility or liability for damages or loss to any vehicle or its cargo.
- Everyone using this facility is expected to keep & leave the area clean.
- Limited handicap parking (with a valid permit) is available for both the general & reserved parking areas. These spaces will have easy access but may be some distance from the show rings.
- All overnight parking units must be self-contained. No dumping of gray water or sewage.
- There will be no access to ANY building from 11:00 pm until 6:00 am.
- All vehicles must vacate the premises no later than one hour following Best in Show on Sunday, January 19, 2020. No overnight parking on Sunday.
Loading and Unloading
- A supervised loading & unloading area close to the grooming area (east side) will be available. No exhibitor loading & unloading will be allowed on the west side (North Force entrance) of the grooming area without previous arrangements with the parking contractor. A 20-minute time limit per vehicle will be observed to give as many exhibitors as possible access to this area.
- Unloading will begin at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, January 15, 2019. Please refer to the grooming information provided in the premium list for further information on access times.
- General parking is available daily. Enter from the main gate only. Parking for one attendee vehicle is $10.00. Note: The Portland Expo no longer offers a special rate for carpools.
- The exhibitor parking rate is $8. per day, per vehicle. Enter from the main gate only.
- Cars parked along North Force Ave &/or North Expo Rd will be ticketed and towed.
- Follow the signs to loading and unloading. Then return to the general parking area.
- No exercise pens, grooming or overnight parking in the general parking area is allowed
- You can now ensure your parking space in advance and get unlimited entry and exit
- Reservations close January 2, 2020, or when all spaces are filled. There will be no refunds after closing date. After the Rose City Classic series of dog shows has begun, pre-payment for reservations will no longer be an option and must be arranged in person at the show itself.
- PayPal – Canadian residents please note: to make a parking reservation using PayPal please do the following:
- Leave the “state” box blank
- Make sure you have included a valid email address and phone number
- In the zip code box put “99999”
- Fill in the rest of the information requested (again leave blank the box for the license number and state).
- Then on the PayPal payment form in the box for “Instructions to Merchant” put your actual address and postal code.
- You can reserve by mail or use PayPal, which is linked below
- By Mail: Make checks payable to Dog Fanciers Association of Oregon, Inc., and mail to:
c/o Anita Williams
12541 SE 131st Ct.
Clackamas OR 97086-1684
- Day of Show Parking for Regular Vehicles: $65.00 for Five Days
- Day of Show Parking for Box Van and Larger Vehicles: $100.00 for Five Days
Remember that these parking improvements are complemented by our headquarters hotel, the Red Lion Hotel on the River (503-283-4466). They have excellent room rates & offer direct shuttle service for exhibitors, dogs, crates, and equipment between the hotel and the Expo every day!Save parking fees at the Expo: take the free exhibitor shuttle for you and your dogs!
between the host hotel, the Red Lion Hotel on the River and show site from 6:30 to 10:00 am and from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm or close of the show. Rental cars and Taxi services are available at the airport. If you call Uber or Lift at the airport, be sure to ask for a vehicle that carries dogs.
Hotel and Travel Tips
Our headquarters hotel, the Red Lion Hotel on the River is ideal for RCC exhibitors and comes with special amenities. A full-scale tour bus has been arranged to carry RCC exhibitors and their dogs between our headquarters hotel, Red Lion Hotel on the River and the show site. Click here to book a room at our headquarters hotel. If you call instead of clicking, be sure to tell them that you are with the Rose City Classic Dog Shows when you make your reservation to get the negotiated rate.
Flying to Portland?
Rose City Classic has negotiated a special discount for our exhibitors and others visiting the Rose City Classic. Alaska Airlines, the airline that charges only $100 each way to fly your dog, is offering RCC passengers a 7% discount off of their lowest published fares for trips between Jan 10 and Jan 24, 2020. That discount can amount to a savings of $40 – $80 for each passenger.
The fare code for 2020 is ECMC752. To use the discount code, go online to:
http://www.alaskaair.com and input the Discount Code when searching for
flights. The discount will be applied to any flights meeting the contract parameters. By clicking the “?” next to the discount code box after entering the code you may view a detailed description of the rules. You may also use the Discount Code by calling Alaska Airlines Group Desk, however, a $15.00 per person ticketing fee will apply