The Rose City Classic is dedicated to providing exhibitors with the best show environment possible. We work year round to assure a safe and serviceable environment for the comfort of our exhibitors and the welfare of their dogs.
The superintendent for the Rose City Class Series of Dog Shows is Jack Onofrio Dog Shows. Please visit their website to enter online or to get more information. Their number in Portland Oregon is 503-239-1080 and their head office phone number in Oklahoma City is 405-427-8181.
The Rose City Classic spans 5 days (January 18-22, 2017) starting with 22 specialties and group shows on Wednesday, followed by 4 days of all-breed shows featuring conformation (breed judging), obedience, Rally and agility. RCC hosts a total of 29 specialties and group shows, (most on Wednesday), and numerous supported entries within the all-breed shows. Special events include CGC Tests on Friday and Sunday and educational seminars and health clinics throughout the week end. Please note the early entry closing date, January 4, 2017 for our upcoming shows .
Meet the Breeds
The Rose City Classic Meet-the-Breeds Showcase is a fun and exciting opportunity for breed clubs and fanciers to introduce their breeds to the public. It’s one of the few chances responsible hobby breeders have to provide local families with good information and a hands-on experience with their breed. Meet the Breeds will be offered on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Last year more than 70 breed clubs participated and we’re expecting more this year. If your club would like to participate, please contact our Meet the Breeds Coordinator, Linda Bell, at your earliest convenience so that she can reserve your spot. When the schedule is done we will distribute it to the public and publish it. Check back to see the final schedule here on about January 10, 2017, about a week before the show.
- All parking is a privilege extended by the show-giving clubs & the Portland Exposition Center. They reserve the right to withdraw this privilege from any person or persons who uses abusive language, argues with parking personnel or attempts to circumvent the rules & regulations. All parking is at your own risk. The show-giving clubs & the EXPO Center assume no responsibility or liability for damages or loss to any vehicle or its cargo.
- Everyone using this facility is expected to keep & leave the area clean.
- Limited handicap parking (with a valid permit) is available for both the general & reserved parking areas. These spaces will have easy access but may be some distance from the show rings.
- All overnight parking units must be self-contained. No dumping of gray water or sewage. There will be a pump-out service available on Friday, January 22, 2016 to be paid for on site by check.
- There will be no access to ANY building from 11:00 pm until 6:00 am.
- All vehicles must vacate the premises no later than one hour following Best in Show Sunday, January 22, 2017. No overnight parking on Sunday, January 22, 2017.
Loading and Unloading
- A supervised loading & unloading area close to the grooming area (east side) will be available. No exhibitor loading & unloading will be allowed on the west side (North Force entrance) of the grooming area without previous arrangements with the parking contractor. A 20 minute time limit per vehicle will be observed to give as many exhibitors as possible access to this area.
- Unloading will begin at 4:00 pm Tuesday, January 17, 2017. Please refer to the grooming information provided in the premium list for further information on access times.
- General parking is available daily. Enter from the main gate only. Parking for one attendee vehicle is $8.00 and a carpool of more than three passengers is $7.00. Those with an exhibitor pass will park at the rate of $7.00
- Cars parked along North Force Ave &/or North Expo Rd will be ticketed and towed.
- Follow the signs to loading and unloading. Then return to the general parking area.
- No exercise pens, grooming or overnight parking in the general parking area is allowed
- You can now insure your parking space in advance and get unlimited entry and exit
- Reservations close January 4, 2017 or when all spaces are filled. There will be no refunds after closing date. After the Rose City Classic series of dog shows has begun, pre-payment for reservations will no longer be an option and must be arranged in person at the show itself.
- PayPal – Canadian residents please note: to make a parking reservation using PayPal please do the following:
- Leave the “state” box blank
- Make sure you have included a valid email address and phone number
- In the zip code box put “99999”
- Fill in the rest of the information requested (again leave blank the box for license number and state).
- Then on the PayPal payment form in the box for “Instructions to Merchant” put your actual address and postal code.
- You can reserve by mail or use PayPal, which is linked below
- By Mail: Make checks payable to: Dog Fanciers Association of Oregon, Inc. and mail to:
c/o Anita Williams
12541 SE 131st Ct.
Clackamas OR 97086-1684
- Day of Show Parking for Regular Vehicles: $60.00 for Five Days
- Day of Show Parking for Box Van and Larger Vehicles: $95.00 for Five Days
Remember that these parking improvements are complemented by our headquarters hotel, the Red Lion Hotel on the River (503-283-4466). They have excellent room rates & offer direct shuttle service for exhibitors, dogs, crates and equipment, not only from the airport to the hotel and back, but to the Expo every day!
- 10 meeting rooms
- Full-service kitchen with numerous and varied food vendors
- Parking for 2,200 vehicles
- Large conformation rings
- Large fully matted group, obedience and rally rings
- Fully matted agility rings (world class surface added in 2006)
- Huge grooming area
- Indoor dog-bathing facilities
- West Delta Bar and Grill
- Located near the airport and
numerous hotels and restaurants
Hotel and Travel Tips
We have negotiated with several nearby hotels for excellent rates and accommodations. Our headquarters hotel, the Red Lion Hotel on the River is ideal for RCC exhibitors and comes with special amenities. A full scale tour bus has been arranged to carry RCC exhibitors and their dogs between our headquarters hotel, Red Lion Hotel on the River and the show site. Click here to book a room at our headquarters hotel. If you call instead of clicking, Be sure to tell them that you are with the Rose City Classic Dog Shows when you make your reservation to get the negotiated rate.
Flying to Portland?
Rose City Classic has negotiated a special discount for our exhibitors. Alaska Airlines, the airline that charges only $100 each way to fly your dog, is offering RCC passengers a 7% discount off of their lowest published fares for trips between Jan 15 and Jan 25, 2017. That discount can amount to a savings of $40 – $80 for each passenger.
The Meeting Fare Code is ECMX280 for 2017. In order to use the discount code without a fee, you must reserve your ticket on line: http://www.alaskaair.com placing the code in the box provided. If you sign up by phone there is a $15 charge.
Portland International Airport (PDX) is only 15- 20 minutes from the Rose City Classic host hotel, the Red Lion on the River, and show site. Rental cars are available at the airport, but due to the proximity of the hotel/show site and available shuttles from the airport and the shuttle provided by the hotel for you and your dog between the hotel and the show site, renting a car isn’t necessary unless you want to go sightseeing while in the NW.
Not only does the hotel offer a shuttle to and from the airport, but it also provides a tour bus shuttle for you and your dog/s between the hotel and the show site on Thursday through Sunday.
Driving directions to the show can be found in the premium list or Click here and then click on directions for a map.
Special RCC Events and Activities
Supreme Specialty Challenge – Sunday
The agility premium list will appear here when available
The public will have an opportunity to “Meet the Breeds” on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with info posted here.
Beginner Puppy Competition 4-6 month puppy classes, midday Saturday
Limited Juniors Competition, Saturday
Oregon Dog Judges